For ultra-realistic reborn dolls, adding a pacifier can make your baby doll look even more lifelike. A magnetic pacifier will give the reborn the appearance that it is sucking the pacifier like a human infant. Modifying a reborn pacifier is as easy as purchasing a baby pacifier and some strong magnets, then assembling the pieces. Learn how to modify a reborn pacifier in the 5 steps below:
- Find an appropriately sized baby pacifier. The baby pacifier should be about a size 0+, which will be proportional to a newborn-sized reborn doll.
- Cut off the plastic nipple from the baby pacifier with a craft knife or scissors.
- Using strong adhesive, like E6000, attach an extra strong magnet to the back of the pacifier and cover with a piece of soft cloth so that the magnet doesn’t scrape against the painted lips of your reborn doll.
- Note: if your reborn has already been assembled with a magnet in the head, be sure to align the magnet with the head before gluing to be sure that the correct side is facing out when glued to the pacifier.
- If your reborn baby doll requires a magnet in its mouth to hold the pacifier in, then you’ll need to insert the magnet inside the head, usually detaching the head and inserting through the neck. Holding the finished pacifier against the head will attract the magnet when you are inserting it and hold it in place while the glue dries. Once glue is completely dry, complete assembly of your reborn doll.