As the year comes to an end, us at Paradise Galleries are reflecting on the fun and exciting times we've had. We know our Paradise Galleries family went through ups and downs this year but a constant light in everyone's days are our Paradise Galleries dolls. Whether you're a young 3 year old child or an 70 year old woman, we have dolls for everyone. We want everyone to experience the joy of a Paradise Galleries doll so we've come up with a list of 10 reasons why everyone needs one.
1. Children who are going to have a sibling can benefit from having a doll. Pretend play can help children see how babies need diaper changing, how they eat, etc.
2. Dolls can help bring joy to those suffering from Alzheimer's or dementia. Caring for a doll is said to bring some happy memories of early parenthood and help seniors feel needed and useful.
3. Dolls can help fill the void of a loss child. Many of our followers have experienced a devastating loss, including miscarriage or not being able to have a child, and our dolls help them through these difficult times.
4. Caring for a reborn doll can help reduce stress and anxiety.
5. Dolls can comfort elderly people and keep them company while recovering from surgery.
6. When children care for a doll, they learn how to be a caregiver!
7. Reborn dolls can give elderly people "meaningful engagement" which helps improve their mood!
8. Since many people in nursing homes have reborn dolls, this helps boost social interaction, and provide a feeling of connection with not only their doll but also the people round them.
9. You can change our dolls into whatever outfit you want. Depending on the size of the doll you choose, our Paradise Galleries dolls fit into most baby outfits and therefore customizing it more to your likes.
10. They're cute and cuddly! Many of our dolls have such a sweet face and chubby cheeks that makes it impossible not to cuddle with them!
If you're already a doll lover, we hope you continue to find joy with our dolls in 2020. If you're still on the fence, I hope our list of 10 Reasons Why Everyone Needs a Doll has convinced you to invest in a doll in the new year.
With children social distancing and staying at home, it is so important, now more than ever, for them to find comfort in play. Play has always been a focal point for the development of children, and playing with dolls in particular has been proven to have many benefits for a child’s social and cognitive growth. Here are a few ways that dolls can help support our children during this time.
Now more than ever, we are committed to giving back to those in the elderly community who are being restricted from visits from their loved ones during this time. But we need your help! Read our blog to nominate a nursing home to which we will donate our dolls, bringing those in assisted care facilities love and companionship!