Many of us in the reborn and reborn-like doll community know that our dolls can bring joy and value to the lonely elderly, people who have lost a child or those suffering from dementia. What people may not know is many of our dolls are also beneficial for children. Here are the top 5 reasons every child (yes dolls are for boys too!) should have a doll growing up.
1) They are just fun! Pretend play, especially with dolls, enriches children's lives and is a bright spot in their day!
2) Dolls can be educational for children. When kids play with dolls, they learn caring and nurturing skills.
3) Whether children are putting their doll in a cradle, dressing them up in a new outfit or pushing them in a stroller, playing with a doll can help develop kids gross motor skills.
4) Does your child have a sibling on the way? Having a doll can help them learn how to change a baby diaper or how to sooth a crying baby.
5) It's a bonding opportunity. Whether it's their grandmother, aunt or anyone else in their life who likes dolls, if a child also plays with a doll, it's something two people can bond over!
Do you have a little one in your life who loves playing with their doll? Let us know below in the comments!
Click here to see which of our dolls and accessories are age-graded for children!
With children social distancing and staying at home, it is so important, now more than ever, for them to find comfort in play. Play has always been a focal point for the development of children, and playing with dolls in particular has been proven to have many benefits for a child’s social and cognitive growth. Here are a few ways that dolls can help support our children during this time.
Now more than ever, we are committed to giving back to those in the elderly community who are being restricted from visits from their loved ones during this time. But we need your help! Read our blog to nominate a nursing home to which we will donate our dolls, bringing those in assisted care facilities love and companionship!