Many of us in the reborn and reborn-like doll community know that our dolls can bring joy and value to the lonely elderly, people who have lost a child or those suffering from dementia. What people may not know is many of our dolls are also beneficial for children. Here are the top 5 reasons every child (yes dolls are for boys too!) should have a doll growing up.
1) They are just fun! Pretend play, especially with dolls, enriches children's lives and is a bright spot in their day!
2) Dolls can be educational for children. When kids play with dolls, they learn caring and nurturing skills.
3) Whether children are putting their doll in a cradle, dressing them up in a new outfit or pushing them in a stroller, playing with a doll can help develop kids gross motor skills.
4) Does your child have a sibling on the way? Having a doll can help them learn how to change a baby diaper or how to sooth a crying baby.
5) It's a bonding opportunity. Whether it's their grandmother, aunt or anyone else in their life who likes dolls, if a child also plays with a doll, it's something two people can bond over!
Do you have a little one in your life who loves playing with their doll? Let us know below in the comments!
Click here to see which of our dolls and accessories are age-graded for children!
We are very happy to announce our September Fan of the Month, Brenda Kaye! We love seeing how she, together with her daughter Kaylynn, bonds with her PG dolls from the photos she shares on Friends of Paradise Galleries FB group. Read on and get to know Brenda, and learn her favorite PG doll!